Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2008

School starts in a week

I have been thinking about a lot of things these days and I am having a hard time coming to a conclusion on a lot of them. 

One thing I have been thinking about is the value of the education that I am receiving and how I should be more involved in my classes and less involved in things outside of school. This goes against what I have felt for the past two years. I always felt that there was a great need to get out and put into practice what I am learning. While that is valid I think there is something to be said of spending time preparing for ministry and not letting ministry get in the way of the preparation.

Look at Paul he spent 3 years in Arabia being trained by God (Galatians 1:17) and Moses spent 40 herding sheep before God called him to ministry. David was a shepherd and Jesus spent 3 years with the apostles teaching them before he left. I feel this is the Mary time of my life when I have lots of time to sit at the feet of the Lord and learn from him. There will be other times to do the Martha work and I feel that I will be better prepared for it by being a Mary right now. 

This is not an easy thing since there is an atmosphere of service here at Emmaus. I don't want to put that down since I feel different. Yet I don't want to be a monk and never go out of my room either. So I am going to prioritize my time, putting more emphasis on my study of the word and less on ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment