Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

C++ Direct2D (XAML) App Walkthrough

I learned a lot when I wrote my first windows phone app and I wish I would have written things down. One of the main things that I learned was that there is a lot more to getting your app into the store than just code. If you don't think about those things now you will be scrambling to get them together when it comes time to publish your app.

With that in mind I am going to walk through the Direct2D (XAML) App template and talk about the things that need to be addressed when writing an app that will be published in the store. Also show the basic structure of a C++ Windows 8 app. Here is a list based off of the vanilla sample project structure:

  1. Assets
  2. Common
  3. External Dependencies
  4. App.xaml
  5. BasicTimer
  6. DirectXBase, DirectXHelper, DirectXPage
  7. Package.appxmanifest
  8. pch.cpp
  9. SimpleTextRenderer.
I will update this post to link back through the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment